Contribute significantly to advanced studies of mutual interest to the U.S. and Spain by teaching (preferably at the graduate level) and/or conducting research and collaborating with colleagues at Spanish academic and research institutions.
Activities may include presenting lectures, seminars, and/or workshops, as arranged by host institutions or the U.S.-Spain Fulbright Commission.
Deadline for submission
- From Mar 1, 2022 to Sep 15, 2022
- All disciplines will be considered.
The official award information is available at the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES/IIE) website.
- United States citizenship
- Postdoctoral/Early Career Academics
- Senior Academics, Mid-Career Academics, Professionals, and Artists
- Other requirements as specified at: https://cies.org/us-scholar-awards
Applications must be submitted through CIES/IIE: https://cies.org/us-scholar-awards#application
An invitation letter is required or recommended for most awards (see the CIES/IIE website), indicating the name and position of the academic adviser with whom the Scholar will collaborate, and specifying the teaching program and work load, as applicable, as well as indicating the availability of research resources.
- Grant Duration
Postdoctoral ("Junior") Research: five to nine months. Awards will preferably be for 9 months. Postdoctoral Awards provide recently graduate scholars an opportunity to conduct research and receive professional training abroad. Awards may involve limited teaching. Postdocs are open to scholars who will have received a doctoral degree (Ph.D., J.D., M.D., Ed.D., etc.) within five years of the fellowship start date. Degree conferment before the start of the award is mandatory. Institutional affiliation in the U.S. is not required.
Co-Sponsored Awards: Fulbright Scholar Awards to Spain include opportunities for professionals, artists, and scholars at all career-levels. Location and eligibility vary across awards, and some awards are restricted to certain career levels or types of scholars. Please refer to each award description for more specific information:
- All Disciplines at the Universidad de Murcia
- All Disciplines at the Universidad de Málaga
- All Disciplines at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Business Management at the Universidad de Murcia
- Epidemiology and Public Health at the Universidad de Murcia
- International Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Business Administration and Leadership at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Marine Sciences at the Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Mechanical Engineering at the Universidad de Vigo (Centro Universitario de la Defensa)
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology at the Universidad de Murcia
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics at Universidad de Murcia
- Tourism Economics and Business Management at the Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Various Disciplines at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Spain-Greece Joint Teaching/Research Award (Multi-Country Award)
- Morocco-Spain Joint Teaching/Research Award (Multi-Country Award)
- Grant Period
- Grants must begin between September 2023 and May 2024.
- Grant Benefits
- Base stipend: 3,200 € per month (approximately $3,620)
- Travel: 1,235 € (approximately $1,400)
- Dependent travel: 705 € (approximately $800) per person, for up to a maximum of two legal family members who accompany the grantee for at least 80% of the award period.
- Dependent monthly allowance: 150 € (approximately $170) per person, for up to a maximum of two legal family members who accompany the grantee for at least 80% of the award period.
- Health benefits for grantee only.
- Additional Information
Affiliates at host institutions are encouraged to be as specific as possible in the letter of invitation regarding:
- The resources and facilities that will be made available to the applicant, and
- The potential impact of the proposed collaboration, both short-term and long-term.
Convocatoria cerrada, mostrada sólo a título informativo.
Grants for U.S. Senior Scholars (Teaching and/or Research), and Postdoctoral ("Junior ") Researchers.