- Assistant teaching at all school levels and at the undergraduate university level. Assisting of permanent teaching staff in the classroom for up to 16 hours per week, with an additional two hours for planning & coordination meetings. Responsibilities include assistant teaching in English in subjects such as social studies, science and technology, art, physical education, English language, and others. Directing conversation groups, in some cases with school staff. Leading special programs such as Global Classrooms (Model UN) and Speak Truth to Power (STTP).
Deadline for submission
- From Apr 2, 2018 to Oct 9, 2018
- Open to all fields of study.
States citizenship. Depending on the placement, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree,
or in the last year of studies at the time of application.
Initiative and flexibility to serve as a Teaching Assistant in English and other classes. Teaching and/or tutoring experience is recommended but not required.
Candidates with dual U.S./Spanish citizenship, or candidates residing in Spain at the time of application or any time thereafter, are not eligible for a Fulbright grant to Spain.
Please check the Institute of International Education (IIE - http://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants and http://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedprogram/236) websites for the official announcement.
the Institute of International Education (IIE) website:
- Grant Duration
- Nine months.
- Grant Period
- September 15, 2019 - June 14, 2020. Attendance at the Madrid orientation in early/mid September is mandatory.
- Grant Benefits
- Travel allowance, monthly maintenance according to the cost of life in each Spanish region, relocation allowance, project allowance, and health coverage.
Grant benefits allow to live comfortably in Spain.
check the IIE official website at
- Additional Information
announcement and application available on the IIE website:
The main contact during the application process is IIE: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/contact-us.
Resuelta para el curso 2019-2020, mostrada sólo a título informativo
137 grants to assistant teach at elementary, primary, secondary school, and university levels in different geographic destinations around Spain. These grants are co-sponsored by Regional Governments (Asturias, Galicia, La Rioja, Madrid, Canary Islands), private universities (IEU and Universidad Camilo Jose Cela), and other educational institutions.